How to Fix Svchost.exe High memory usage

A few days ago I noticed that svchost.exe was using a lot of memory making my OS very slow. Sometimes, when my computer is frozen and just about unusable, it seems that the cause is some heavy background processing. Sometimes, I can catch who is using all my disk-bandwidth using Resource Monitor (such details are not shown in task manager). I suspect that this svchost.exe instance is really showing the activity of the service for Windows Update, but I am not sure if I can find out for sure.
Here's what I see:

Now Question is, What does LocalSystemNetworkRestricted mean, and can I associate an entry in Resource Overview that tells me it's svchost.exe with what service that is?
The good part is that the File column in the screenshot above (if expanded) tells you what actual file is being written or read, and this in turn has helped me with my theory that this is windows-update, and MSI-installations of windows-updates (which are probably subprocesses owned by the service) that are showing up as "svchost.exe (LocalSystemNetworkRestricted)", but to know for sure. If the file in question is the Pagefile, then my system is most likely being swamped by page-file reads/writes (known colloquially as My System is Thrashing, and needs more Physical RAM). But the cause, in the end, seems to be some windows service. 
a lot of people been having this problem the RAM CONSUMPTION for no reason on vista, windows 7 & 8. 
For solution follow the steps and RESTART your computer you will see a big change.
it stops lag in games, fastens process time, fastens file transfer.
Solution:
first of all before doing any of this check for Windows updates; make sure your windows is up to date. it can be done via clicking UPDATE ICON in the CONTROL PANEL.
How to check which process is eating memory (RAM); in the bottom of your windows RIGHT CLICK on the TOOL BAR & Press START TASK MANAGER option
Then go to the SERVICE TAB; you will find a SERVICE BUTTON in the bottom of the TASK MANAGER WINDOW press on it; Another windows for SERVICE will pop up.
Or Simply execute services.msc from Windows Run tool
look for WINDOWS UPDATE right click on it on the list you will see ALL TASK then STOP IT. same WINDOWS UPDATE right click on it again then go to PROPERTIES you will see STARTUP TYPE then DISABLE IT.*make sure its disable by right click again and go to properties and it says next to START UP TYPE then DISABLED*

look for SUPERFETCH right click on it on the list you will see ALL TASK then STOP IT & set START UP TYPE as DISABLED*
look for WINDOWS SEARCH right click on it on the list you will see ALL TASK then STOP IT & set START UP TYPE as DISABLED*
RESTART YOU COMPUTER AND ENJOY
FOR ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN Comment on this post & I can answer your query as soon as possble.

Comments

Vikas Bagwe said…
If you are facing slow speed issues on Windows 7 check this post
Visit Post Fix windows 7 slow performance issue

Popular posts from this blog

How To Add Print Button to Blogger Posts

INSTALL CISCO VPN CLIENT ON WINDOWS 10 (32 & 64 BIT). FIX REASON 442