How to redirect a Blog to other blog or web address

What would have happened if there was absolutely no way to redirect a blog to another. I initially intended to make http://vikas.com a different blog under a sub domain but changed my mind due to certain reasons. I was worried about the traffic I was going to lose and decided to search online just to make a little research. I came up with a little trick which I'm gonna share here, who knows, someone else might searching for same.

To redirect one blogspot blog to another needs no complex codes, simply copy and pasted the code below in the HEAD section of your template by folowing these steps:

* Login to your blogger account and click on Design > Edit HTML

* Now Press CTRL = F and serch for </head> 

* Paste the following code just above this



<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=http://my.new.blog.address.com'/>

<meta content='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' name='ROBOTS'/>


Please change my-new-blog-adress to your own new address.


Explanation:

content='0 as shown in the code determines how long (in seconds) your visitors will stay on the old blog before being redirected. I set it to Zero; you might wanna change it depending on your choice.

Also <meta content='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' name='ROBOTS'/> tells search engines to stop indexing posts on your old blog. This prevents your new blog from being penalize by google for duplicate content as pages indexed on the old blog will be removed in due time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Add Print Button to Blogger Posts

INSTALL CISCO VPN CLIENT ON WINDOWS 10 (32 & 64 BIT). FIX REASON 442